Thursday, June 11, 2009

Questions from Clients

6/28/08
Question from Sue:Should I still be completely avoiding caffeine? I had it 3x in the past day and have felt sick to my stomach last night and again tonight. That's really the only thing that has changed in my diet in the past day or two so I'm thinking that's the culprit.

Answer from Linda: I love the way you test the waters (or the caffeine in this case) So your body is speaking to you! Listen. You know already that your body does not like it, but I will confirm it for you.. stay off the caffeine. It is like poison to you. Linda
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6/18/08 - Question from Mary- Hi Linda, I was wondering.. can you test if something like karate would be good for James, as we try to strengthen his ability to defend himself.

Answer to Mary -I feel as though once the energy is balanced in the home with all of you, and once James is making a decision to protect himself, then allow him to make the decision if karate would help him feel safer.When our children are so young, there is that fine line in parenting when we feel they are too young to make decisions, so we make decisions for them. I believe a parent's job is to introduce a child to many opportunities and doorways, but it is the child that will let us know if that doorway is one they choose to walk through. Sometimes it may become difficult to understand the language of a small child but if we pay attention to their body language, we can always get to the truth. Linda
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question from Marie:
Thank you so much for this! In many regards, I feel like I was aware of some of these things... but it's soo unbelievably comforting to have confirmations of everything. :) :) :) I feel so much happier just hearing about it all! I look forward to the future AND now, the present (I was having such a ridiculously hard time readjusting to America ... I think my family & friends are feeling a bit like I don't love them!) I have to ask you one more thing though... I was so wrapped up in what you said that I forgot to mention an issue that was partially why I wanted to speak with you! My skin, which is sensitive to begin with, has been acting up lately... it started towards the end of my time away... if it's not too much trouble, can you see if it's food related? Or perhaps emotional or both? That'd be a huge help :) And again, thank you soo much!

Answer from Linda:
Isn't it funny that it started just before you came back home? Skin rashes are almost always related to anger.. were you angry about coming back to America? You are using the flower essence Holly this layer and Holly is a deep anger layer. And remember, the body uses the skin as a detox organ when the liver and spleen are too overwhelmed to do it all. This way you can't self poison, so it is not a bad thing. Allow Holly to let you see how you do your anger and then you can make a conscious choice to just say no! How? By loving the journey you are given right now in this moment. Love all of it.. being here.. then love going back... and returning here again. Life can be pure joy if we just get out of the way...And truthfully, I think you are on your way to already understanding this new game...As far as food goes, the skin when inflammed, will react to chocolate, white sugars and white flours and bad oils. So stay clear of all of the above (which aren't really good for you anyway!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question from Carrie:
Here is the question (one that i have been asking myself and bob for awhile now)....once you figure out what the "issue" is or what resentment you are holding on to, how do you let it go? How do you tell yourself, I'm over that, now be gone with you! I suppose that's another layer and more healing. :)

Answer from Linda:
That is a very good question.. the answer to it (I believe) is by choosing to... our ego will convince us that we want to be mad and we make that choice. It takes effort to heal our ego.. When my ego shows itself .. I "remember" to say... "I forgive myself for that negative thought". Or I might say.. "I am so grateful for what I do have"... keeping my focus away from what I don't have...
When I think of a negative situation in which I may have been hurt by someone I consciously try to remember to say, "I forgive them.." It is a war within our own mind and we have an opportunity in that moment of anger or fear or resentment to make a different choice..to choose peace over war.. what do you choose???

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Appointments in Danielson and N Stonington CT, and via Skype, FaceTime and telephone - 1/2 hour session $30.00 US.